What I learned in my first year of business
Happy 1st Birthday Ridgegate Consulting!
Written by Deanna Hunter
I’ve always said that I’ll know when it’s time to move on from a job when I have stopped learning. With that in mind I can tell you that all indicators point to many more years of work as Consultant and Owner at Ridgegate Consulting. The amount I learned in my first year of business has been incredible. Some of it painful, some of it invigorating. All of it useful.
Here are just some of the things I learned in my first year of business:
- Social media isn’t that scary after all.
- I’m good at warm calls. Cold calls, not so much.
- I have developed an impressive professional network over the years.
- I do my best thinking at my computer, wearing my fuzzy bathrobe and sipping coffee.
- I dislike bookkeeping…more than I had imagined.
- It’s all about timing.
- Working from home is awesome.
- Patience, patience, patience.
- Ideas and opportunities are all around you. You just need to pay attention.
- I know a ton about HR.
This article was in HR Consulting category... Click to find more posts in the same topic